The Insight Alliance is an Oregon 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that works in prisons and in the community with a simple focus: understanding the limitless nature of the human mind, and recognizing our own innate wellbeing. We teach a simple understanding of how our feelings, experience and state of mind works; an understanding that enables people to thrive in any circumstance. In only its second year, the organization already serves over 300 people annually and administers six concurrent 10-week programs per quarter at Columbia River Correctional Institution, Coffee Creek medium security women’s prison, and MacLaren Youth prison. We are a small, committed, passionate, and joyful team looking for an entrepreneurial and mission-oriented individual to join us on our journey and support our evolution.
The Insight Alliance seeks a part-time (.75 FTE) Operations Manager to support all aspects of our young but growing organization. The position requires strong organizational skills, high energy, innovative spirit, and self-direction. The successful candidate will also have strong multitasking skills, ability to be a thought partner to our organizational team, effective communication skills with members of diverse communities, and a passion for our mission. This is an opportunity to be a fundamental part of a meaningful nonprofit organization with opportunities for advancement as the organization grows. Salary commensurate with experience. Range – $35,000 – $40,000
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director
- Organize and prioritize tasks and projects to ensure operational efficiency
- Support and manage communications strategy
- Develop and execute social media strategy
- Identify audio and video content to disseminate and share externally
- Support creation of and ensure timely delivery of newsletter
- Manage online communications
- Support fundraising strategy and donor relationships
- Respond to donors in a timely fashion
- Support donor engagement via event planning, virtual and in-person communication, and relationship development
- Partner with Executive Director and leadership team to develop new fundraising opportunities and strategies.
- Coordinate program operations and support teachers by ensuring materials, logistics, licensing and paperwork and other programmatic details are handled.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Familiarity with The Insight Alliance and enthusiasm for our mission and vision
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Mac operating systems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Proficiency with or interest in learning WordPress and other web-based platforms
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured environment
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Interest in serving incarcerated men, women, and youth.
While this begins as a part-time position, the ideal candidate will have the opportunity to grow into new operational or leadership roles pending organizational fit and resource development. Start date: ASAP.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “Operations Manager”. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. The deadline to apply is 1/27.